So what does ILCRA do for our Members and why should you belong to your professional association?
- Works to maintain your right to be certified.
- Administers the RPR, RMR, RDR, CRR, CBC, and CCP examinations and publishes the dates of the tests in Ad Infinitum.
- Monitors, promotes, and lobbies to pass legislation favorable to the interest of court reporters, captioners and CART providers.
- Monitors legislation affecting our professions on a statewide and national basis through both our Legislative Committee and our lobbyist.
- Sponsors an annual conference and one-day seminars including continuing education and the latest in reporting technology.
- Publishes Ad Infinitum, a quarterly online newsletter containing the newest up-to-the-minute reporting developments throughout the state, highlights of board meetings, advertisements of vendors and agency owners, and names and telephone numbers of ILCRA officers.
- Serves as an affiliated state unit of the National Court Reporters Association.
- Offers members significantly reduced rates for the conventions and seminars.
- Awards Student Scholarships, a Distinguished Service Award, an Award of Excellence for an Outstanding Educator, and conducts speed contests each year.
- Provides resources on the ILCRA website, including the CSR Act, Court Reporters' Act, Rules and Regulations of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Transcript Act, and ILCRA Bylaws. It also includes officers' names and contact information as well as Committees and Committee Members. ILCRA Member Information is included on the website under "Find a Reporter."
- Offers an Online Student Mentor Program.
- Promotes student recruitment.
- Organizes letter-writing campaigns on issues affecting our professions.
- Sends representative members to legislative boot camps, leadership conferences, and the national convention for training and education.
- Provides reporters for demonstrations on request and attends career days throughout the state.
- Provides free CART brochures to its members.
- Provides a court reporters network through Constant Contact which allows ILCRA to immediately be in touch with members via email.
- Serves the membership with the phone number 703-729-4861 and a website.
- Provides an association management company to assist members.
Professional (Court Reporters) $110
Associate (Instructors) $50